Monday, March 29, 2010

Brisbane Craft Show

The Brisbane Craft Fair has been and gone. Arriving promptly when the doors opened I was able to enjoy a quick cup of coffee as I looked in awe at the largest hexagon quilt displayed in part of its wonder displayed all around the eating area! It really is huge and with two thirds still in the pipeline it is massive and beautiful. Some of the Gatton ladies were industriously stitching away in the corner and kindly refused my offer of even more. I think they are probably a bit over it by now, but what an impressive achievement! Not having my camera with me, I was permitted to take a photo using mobile phone and will endeavour to add it to this page when I figure out how!

My much anticipated CD's were not waiting for me. Disappointing! I'm waiting for them to arrive in the mail. In the meanwhile I ponder over which UFO to work on this week

Arrived home ready to drop - a cup of tea and an early night did the trick!





Civil War Quilt As You Go Diamonds

It was an experiment before I discovered various jelly roll patterns, which would have made it much simpler. Now I have to decide whether to add borders or to just bind it and move on!

This 1850's UFO has recently been quilted and I'm now trying to track down some of the border fabric for binding!

It was quilted by Lizzie Trainor in keeping with the 1850's style


The flowers were hand appliqued

My French Braid Quilt was made last year with Anne Ferguson of Quiltopia in Maleny. I selected the fabrics from a range by Kaffe Fassett and for me, I moved outside the square!

This has to be one on the happiest quilts I've made - Sol, three years old, really loved this one and wandered around draped in it for ages, despite it being a hot Christmas Day!

2 comments:

  1. Love those quilts Annie - you have been busy. Lucky you to get to the quilt show. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Annie, I love the french braid quilt, it came out nice.

    ReplyDelete